Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 7 is RSS - Rich Site Summary!

I didn't know that RSS stood for “Really Simple Syndication.” ^.^o

I've seen those orange logos. I've even tried using an RSS feed display that is a gadget with my Windows Vista. (Lasted a whole day, that.)
I just didn't get them working right somehow, and I don't have that many sites I visit daily that have feeds.

All the same, I'm glad to finally have sat down and got this RSS thing working.
It took me a whole minute to sign up with Bloglines and set up my feeds. No problem at all.

I don't know that this makes my information gathering simpler (as mentioned, I don't go to that many sites that have feeds), but it's great to know it's there and can be used if I do end up going to more sites that have RSS.
I really like the sites that have some of the content attached right into the feed, like a comic with its commentary. Beats having to even go to the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment