I mean, Flickr and YouTube.
I have accounts to both services as I used them while overseas to share pics and video with people back home. I got a surprising amount of hits for the tour of my tiny apartment...
Both services are quite easy to use. It would be nice if YouTube had some of the sorting capabilities that Flickr has!
The major downfall of Flickr is that you are only allowed to have a certain number of pictures visible. Once you pass that limit your older pics are not able to be seen. Not even as the moderator of my own account can I go back and see those older pics! (Unless there is some secret they are keeping from me?) Happily, the links that I made to certain pictures in my journal entries still work.
Of course, the other alternative is actually paying for the service so that you can have unlimited access to the pictures.
But who wants to pay for stuff? ^.~
YouTube, while infamous for silly and mind-numbing videos (and darn that 'related videos' box!) also has a great assortment of relatively educational things. For example, when preparing for a voice audition, I was able to find several videos in a series showing vocal exercises. And when I needed to change a flat bicycle tire, YouTube was there for me.
There are also lots of very beautiful things too.
The simple but lovely animation "Bad Apple" has been reimagined with paper printouts and even with lasers! What will people think of next...?
In short, both have great entertainment value, and even some moderate educational value. Both are easy to use, and you don't even need an account to enjoy them. And that's pretty sweet.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who wants to pay indeed! ;3
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you used youtube for changing tires help... I can just imagine the people who have iPhones and can use it for real car breakdown emergencies....