For all that Google shows up often as a product placement in movies and TV and is so popular it's now a verb, I'm still astounded at how far-reaching it's influence is. (I didn't know that youtube was under the Google umbrella. When did that happen?)
Like just about everyone I use Google every day (seriously). How ever did I get by without 'Google Maps' or 'Image Search'? I'm also a fan of 'Google Earth', as I enjoy using street view to walk the streets of Japan where I'd lived nearly two years ago. I've also often used the 'Translate' feature, for all that it's pretty sketchy.
And check out this other stuff. I knew that Google had a vast variety of 'tools' in it's arsenal, but 'SketchUp' and 'Books', which I browsed, are pretty impressive.
Google owns the 'net, I guess! Other search engines are hard-pressed to become as powerful in more ways than one. (I've tried bing, but for what I was searching for at the time it didn't quite work.) So I'd recommend it, for even just the fact it works, and there's some super-cool stuff in here, like 'Google Earth'.
I suppose there's not much bad to say about it, unless you loathe multi-million dollar corporations or something. XD
Besides, for some applications you probably won't even realize you're using it. (Sneaky, this taking over the universe business.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment