Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 5 is Social Networking. Minus the social?

Ah, facebook. I'm so not a fan XD

A couple years ago I got my account, acquired just over 100 friends (somehow), and only log into it about twice a month - usually to wish someone a happy birthday. (Now that, it's good for.)

Social networking sites are good at what they are meant to do. If you want to reach all your friends at once, if you want to find everyone from your high school class, if you want to keep in touch with quick messages, sure!

I guess I just see it as a big time-sink. I can't tell you how many games my friends are playing on facebook (and therefore how many appeals for help with barn-raising/cake-baking/sheep-feeding I've received...)
If I want to talk to my friends, 9 times out of 10 I'll want to do it in a forum where everyone else can't see my message.

It's strange who you can meet and connect with on a social networking site. Amazing, even. But for me, facebook's just not my favourite way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment