I don't have a twitter account of my own, but I take care of the one for Country Hills, so I know only a little about the whole twitter thing.
I was surprised how many hits came up for the searches I did. People really do talk about everything! (And more tweets appeared mere seconds after my search...!)
The library tends to tweet almost exclusively about programs or resources of the library. A couple of the TeenZone tweets broke the mold (like the one about the trend of naming babies after vamps - for real? >.<).
I once read a really excellent article about the diversity of topics and ideas available in tweeting "How your library may not be using twitter but should", and I feel it's a shame that the library won't go 'outside the box' a bit more with their tweets.
We could post about interesting articles, events or video clips that might be of interest to our patrons as well as fuel intelligent discussion (...as much as people 'discuss' on twitter).
Doing twitter at our library is a pretty new thing, but I hope that in time we'll develop a good base of community through it and make it more than just a one-way communication tool to talk about ourselves.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment