A "social bookmarking" site? So that's what it is! Whoever dreamed up delicious was sure going out on a limb, I think. Who knew bookmarks could be social?
The advantage of delicious I suppose lies in its ability to share a potentially huge amount of information (that is, the bookmarks) with everyone. And once you get used to how the interface works, with the dovetailing arrows of subjects leading you on, you can get exploring some pretty interesting things.
The disadvantage that I notice nearly right away when using it is that I have to rely on other people attatching 'tags' to the bookmark that make sense and fully describe the content of the site it's pointing to. (I noticed one that was tagged "A" "Look" "At" "Canada". Not very networking-friendly.)
I'm afraid that delicious might not be my first stop in order to find a site when researching, depending on what I'm looking for. (I did use it successfully a couple of times for finding information for immigrants.) However it can be difficult to sift through all those subject headings. But as a "social bookmarking site", it works rather like youtube - you can follow one subject to another to another until suddenly two hours have dissappeared...
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment